Aged Living Design Award criteria
The Aged Living Design Award recognises new and renovated buildings which are innovative in providing appropriate accommodation or housing for older Australians.
Addressing the Nomination Criteria
In your submission please:
- Outline key design features and benefits to the build.
- Summarise any key sustainability design features and benefits unique to your building.
- Outline the relationship to surroundings and neighbourhoods.
- Describe how the development has met or exceeded financial outcomes.
- Describe, using specific examples, the ways in which the development displays innovation in the project concept and in overcoming site or development complexities. This should be described as a point of difference.
- Give details explaining the ways in which the development exhibits a high quality of architectural design, is compatible with surrounding land uses and contributed to the success of the development project (e.g. site constraints, unique design solutions, and project cost constraints).
- Outline how the development provides for adaptability to building technology changes and user demands. This should be described as a point of difference.
- Describe, using testimonials from a variety of stakeholders, the extent to which the development has a high level of facilities and a proven high satisfaction level amongst all users.
- Describe, using testimonials from a variety of stakeholders, the extent to which the development is considered a success by the aged care and aged housing sector.
- Include up to 200 words of your choice to be used in the Awards Handbook to outline your nomination.
- Include up to 80 words of your choice to be used for the announcement of your nomination at the presentation event.
Judging Criteria will include conceptual framework, functional performance, cost/value outcome, sustainability, establishment of community and the ability to enhance the quality of life for residents. Please provide copies of concept drawings, plans or photos to support your nomination (no more than 6 images). Applications will only be accepted for buildings that are fully constructed and/or renovated, commissioned and made operational within the last two years.
Please note: the nomination may not exceed five (5) A4 pages in addition to the Nomination Form and the required two (2) referee letters.
CLICK HERE TO NOMINATE FOR THIS AWARD.