Cultural Diversity in Aged Care Award criteria
This award recognises a program/initiative/process that demonstrates leadership, innovation and excellence in responding to and being reflective of the aged care needs of older Australians from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
Addressing the Nomination Criteria
- Outline your organisation’s program/initiative mission and vision and how they engage with the needs of culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) older people.
- Summarise a single major innovation, program, initiative or process which has been implemented during the past year to improve the provision of targeted care for CALD older people (this could be staff training, programs for care recipients, organisational change, special/specific programs; activities).
- Describe how the innovation, program, initiative or process has demonstrated better practice and continuous improvement in service provision that is responsive to and reflective of the needs of CALD older people.
- Provide evidence of how the nomination aligns with the principles and goals of the National Ageing and Aged Care Strategy for people from CALD backgrounds.
- Include up to 200 words of your choice to be used in the Awards Handbook to outline your nomination.
- Include up to 80 words of your choice to be used for the announcement of your nomination at the presentation event.
Please note: the nomination may not exceed five (5) A4 pages in addition to the Nomination Form and the required two (2) referee letters.
CLICK HERE TO NOMINATE FOR THIS AWARD