ACS SA&NT Inc (ACS) is proudly affiliated with Aged & Community Services Australia to maintain links with Australia’s Federal Government and promote our members’ services at the national level. For recent national submissions please click here.
ACS makes representations and submissions to governments, political parties and independents, Parliamentary inquiries boards, commissions, committees or any other body or tribunal on matters affecting the interests of members or their client group. Our advocacy work includes the following:
- Representation of residential care, retirement living and home care members at state/territory, national and local forums on issues of significance to the industry and members, including general representation and policy influence
- Representation of individual ACS members on issues causing concern, conflict or difficulty, including difficulties with governments, statutory bodies and client advocates. This may be done anonymously or with the identity of the member known
- Industry policy development and promotion of these policies aimed at improved client outcomes and better viability for members
- Participation in various Government working parties, committees and collaborations on behalf of members
- Political lobbying for outcomes sought by members
- Media response on behalf of members and promotion of industry position and a positive image
- Participation in the development of national industry policy positions, directly and through ACSA
- Supporting and endorsing members in the development of funding round submissions
To view the latest ACS SA&NT submissions on behalf of members, please click here and do a word search for submissions.
We regularly advise members about recent advocacy through our electronic newsletters. For further information please call us on 08 8338 7111.