ACS SA & NT represents members and responds to issues directly with Ministers and Government departments at both state and national levels. To view Media Releases from the National Federation of Aged & Community Services Australia (ACSA) click here.
Information for the media about the aged care industry
ACSA has prepared an information document to provide the media with background information on the aged care industry, including residential and home care, the aged and community care workforce, housing and retirement living. Please Click here to access a copy.
For media comment please contact Melissa Centofanti, CEO Tel. 8338 7111.
2016 media releases
- 30 August 2016: South Australia leads nation in aged services
- 27 July 2016: Aged care peak body calls for appropriate response to elder abuse
- 18 February 2016: Proposed self-insurance changes will disadvantage the aged care sector
2015 media releases
- 4 November 2015: ACS welcomes campaign to stop elder abuse
- 2 July 2015: Imagining Possibilities launched Article about the handbook in Australian Ageing Agenda
- 19 June 2015: National Open Day a huge success
- 19 June 2015: SA State Budget 2015 16
- 1 June 2015: WorkReady program another blow for the sector
- 12 May 2015: Budget slices aged care worker benefit while Government lays path for changes
- 12 May 2015: Closure of Mallala Community Hospital – A Crisis for Aged Care Recipients
- 18 February 2015: ACSA Open Day 2015 National Media Release