ACS has a dedicated Residential Care Committee that provides leadership and industry intelligence relating to the provision of residential care to older South Australians. The ACS Residential Care Committee has provided input into the government’s aged care reform and proposals for policy or legislative changes.
ACS Vision for the aged and community care provision in South Australia
A well resourced aged and community care sector, offering timely access to services, and providing real choices for older people and their families to enable older people to live in a place and community of their choice.
South Australia has the highest proportion of older people of all the Australian states. At present there are around 16,000 South Australians in residential aged care, and this is set to grow to around 50,000 by 2044-45.
The following resources relating to residential care are available by clicking on the links below. Please contact ACS if you have a query or need further assistance.
- Residential Care Information
- List of Residential Aged Care Facilities – ACS Member
- List of Multi-Purpose Services – ACS Members
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Aged Care Services – ACS Members
- Multicultural Aged Care Services Information – ACS Members
Click on the link below to access the following residential care information for ACS Members:
- Australian Aged Care Quality Agency
- Advance Care Directive
- Acute Health Aged care Interfaces
- Coroner’s Inquest Finding
- Dementia and Severe Behaviour Supplement
- Falls Prevention
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Intersex
- Palliative Care
- Residential Care Manual
If you are not a member click here to apply for membership or contact ACS on (08) 8338 7111.