User Charging and Admission Requirements AND Interpreting the Medicare Statement
Two sessions: save time and money!
Monday 19 October 2015
Presenter: Paul Griffiths
Venue: ELKIRA Court Motel Alice Springs, 65 Bath Street, Alice Springs, NT
Cost: please click on flyer below for details.
MORNING: User Charging and Admission Requirements 8.15 am–12 noon
Provide detail on the legislated “Living Longer Living Better” changes to user charging and Commonwealth subsidy/supplements, which have now commenced on 1 July 2014. The training has a practical flavour, focusing on the knowledge, processes and documentation required at the operational level to enable access to full entitlements and meet Commonwealth regulations. This includes:
- Continuing residential care recipients
- New requirements for Approved Providers to publish information on their service
- Accommodation and Resident Agreements
- Accommodation Payments and Contributions
- Refundable Deposits and Daily Fees
- Resident care fees, specifically Standard and Means Tested
- Care subsidy reductions, Primary and Other Subsidies, new and discontinued supplements and Accommodation Supplement including eligibility for higher amount (new and refurbishment requirements)
- Means tested amount, asset and income assessments
- Requirements specific to Extra Services and Multi-Purpose Services (MPS)
AFTERNOON: Interpreting the Medicare Statement 12.30 pm–3.30 pm
Detailed explanation of the Medicare Statement which will enable participants to understand and apply the Statement. This includes information about the range of subsidies and supplements, specifically:
- Conditional Adjustment Payment (CAP)
- RCTU, Pensioner, Payroll Tax, Transitional, Top Up, Hardship and Ex-Hostel supplements
- Adjustments and Medicare Payment summary information
ACAT and leave requirements will also be covered, as will determining the accuracy of resident fees and charges through the Medicare Statement.
The presentation is interactive and participants will have ample opportunity for questions.
Click here for a registration brochure.
Each registrant will receive a confirmation letter generally within five days – if you have not received one, you are NOT registered.